procedures of setting up a representative office (Rep.Office)
or a wolly foreign--owned foreign enterprise (WOFE) vary slightly
in different areas of China, but the basic procedures are much
the same. Following outlines the three stages involved in the
establishment in Beijing and our services at each stage.
Examination and Approval
At this initial stage you need to have initial
approval of your business which allows you to
obtain an Approval Certificate from the relevant
We will at this stage:
· Provide sample & assist in preparation
of required documents
· Submit application
· Translation services (if required)
We can also provide additional services at
this stage such as:
· Consulting for the appropriate business formation
· Preliminary & Initial market entry analysis
· Government regulation and tax analysis
· Government liaison and consulting
· Office location and negotiation assistance
After obtaining the Approval Certificate from
the relevant authority, you need to register
with various governmental departments to get
Business License (for a WOFE) or Registration
Certificate and Representatives' cards(for a
· Public Security Registration
· Institutional Code
· Statistic Registration
· Local and State Tax Registration
· Customs Registration
will at this stage:
· Fill in required departmental official forms
· Submit Registration documents
· Translation services (if required)
· Delivery of documents & certificates
can also provide additional services at this
stage such as:
Official Stamp Carving
· Open Bank Accounts
· Additional government liaison and consulting
After obtaining the Business License or the
Registration Certificate, you need to get through
formality of hiring expatriate employees.
Affairs of hiring an expatriate employee include:
· Employment License
· Work visa invitation letter
· Medical Examination Certificate
· Foreign Expert Certificate or Work Permit
· Residence Permit
We offer services for getting all documents
can also provide additional services stage after
this stage such as:-
Business renewals, extension and alterations
· Business invitation letters for visiting
companies or company employees
· All types of business & work visas, and
their extensions & changes for foreign nationals
· Visa & work permits for Chinese nationals.
Including Taiwan, Macao & Hong Kong
· Visa for Chinese nationals going abroad
· Human Resources Consulting
· Branch business setup
required for setting up a WOFE (in Beijing):
1. Copies of
legal operation certificate of investors' country or region;
foreign individual investors provide copies of their passports;
individual investors from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan provide
the relevant IDs.
2. The bank creditworthiness letter from the banker of investors'
country or region. The letter should contain the information
such as the name of the investor and a brief review of the creditworthiness
of the investor. The letter should be printed on the letterhead
paper of the bank and signed by authorized official of the the
3. The application of setting up the WOFE, including the purpose,
business scope, location, operation period etc., The application
letter should be signed by the legal representative (in printed
form with the company seal.
4. Articles of association, sighed by the president or the CEO
of the foreign enterprise.
5. The feasibility report of setting up the WOFE, including
a brieft introduction to the foreign investment company's background,
market analysis, economy estimation ect.
6. The directors' name list of the board or management institution
name list in the WOFE.
7. The appointing letter of the directors of the board. The
letter should be signed by the president or the CEO of the foreign
enterprise. The appointing letter of the WOFE's general manager
and vice general managers must be signed by the investment president.
8 . Copies of resumes and IDs of the directors of the board,
general manager and vice general managers. Foreign nationals
provide passport copies, personel from from Hong Kong, Macao
and Taiwan provide copies of the relevant IDs.
9 .The copy of leasing agreement with chop of the Housing Department,
the leasing period should be at least one year.
10 . Notice of enterprise’s name confirmation appraised by
the Industry & Commerce Administrative Bureau.
required for setting up a Rep. Office (in Beijing):
1. Application letter
for setting up the Rep. Office.
The letter contains information about the foreign enterprise's
backgrounds, business situation, purpose of setting up the Rep.
Office to be established, business scopes and operation duration
of the Rep. Office. The letter should be signed by the chairman
of the board or the CEO of the enterprise, in printed form with
the enterprise's seal. (original)
2. Pointing letters to the chief representative and other representatives,
signed by the chairman of the board or the CEO of the enterprise.
3. Copy of certificate of lawful operation issued by the relevant
authorities of the country or region where the enterprise is
located. Enterprise from HK, Macao should also provide the copy
of certificate of registration; Enterprise from Taiwan, America
should provide the copy of enterprise constitutions as well
as the certificate of company's establishment.
4. The bank creditworthiness letter from the local banker where
the enterprise locates. The letter should clearly state the
establishment time of the company and the reputation conditions
since the opening of the account, and signed by the person in
charge or business manager of the bank. (original)
5. Copy of resumes of the appointed chief representative and
other representatives. The resume should be detailed, specific
and true, including academic backgrounds and working experiences.
Two photographs of each representative are needed.
6. Copy of identification of the representatives.
For representatives of foreign nationality, copies of passports
are to be submitted. For compatriots from Hongkong and Macao,
copies of certificates for their returning home and permanent
residential identifications are to be submitted. Should Chinese
residents take the position of representatives or chief representatives,
permission should be obtained from the department assigned by
the government. Dispatching letter for the employment of Chinese
employees should be provided.
7. Copy of leasing agreement for office site, signed by hotels
or mansions. The term of leasing should be no less than one
* All documents above mentioned should
have Chinese version, required by the authorities.
Click here if you would like to know
about our Ongoing Business Services to take the ongoing pain
out of keeping up with your business registrations and certificates.
For more information and help please contact us at +0086-10-64632568
or send us an email.