• What is Alien Permanent Residence Permit
• Who is eligible for applying for the Chinese "Green Card"
• Government fees for getting the Chinese "Green Card"
• Regulations on Examination and Approval of
Permanent Residence of Aliens in China
• What we can do?
What is Alien Permanent Residence Permit
Also called Chinese "Green Card", with the Greencard
• stay in China for an unlimited period of time
• enter and leave the country with your valid passport
and the Greencard, with no need to obtain visas
Who is eligible for applying for the Chinese
• Investment – Minimum of three years investment of USD$500,000
• High level or professional employment position
• A Special contribution to China
• You have a spouse/partner or kids (18 years and younger)
that includes one of the following:
- Marriage of a minimum of 5 years
- Elder (60 years old or above)
- or kids(18 years old and younger)
Government fees for getting the Chinese "Green Card"
The application fee is 1500 RMB, (non refundable). The card
certificate fee of 300 RMB. The total cost is 1800 RMB.
Note: Does not include the service fees.
Regulations on Examination and Approval of Permanent
Residence of Aliens in China
Eligibility for permanent residence is granted by the government
of a country to aliens who meet certain requirements, and with
this eligibility they can reside in the country without limit
to the period of stay. Aliens with eligibility for permanent
residence in a country are granted certificates of identification,
commonly known as "Green Cards". The Issuance of Regulations
on Examination and Approval of Permanent Residence of Aliens
in China indicates the official implementation of the "Green
Card" system in China.
According to the prerequisites specified in the Regulations,
eligibility for permanent residence mainly applies to:
• high-level foreign personnel who hold posts in businesses
which promote China's economic, scientific and technological
development or social progress
• foreign citizens who make relatively large direct investment
in China, persons who have made outstanding contributions or
are of special importance to China
• and people who come to China to be with family, such
as husband and wife, minors dependent on their parents, and
senior citizens dependent on their relatives.
To apply for permanent residence in China, the applicant or
the parents or guardian of unmarried children shall submit an
application to the public security office
or official office in the city of the application’s major investment
or long-term residence.
After the public security organ receives the application, it
shall investigate and verify the conditions of the applicant
according to the specified prerequisites, and submit the application
to the Ministry of Public Security for examination and approval.
The public security organ shall decide whether to approve or
reject the application for permanent residence permit within
6 months of receiving the application. Upon the approval of
the Ministry of Public Security, the applicant shall be granted
an Alien Permanent Residence Permit by the Ministry of Public
- Application outside of China
To applicants outside China, an Alien Permanent Resident Status
Confirmation Letter shall be issued by the Ministry of Public
Security, with which they may apply for D Visas from a Chinese
embassy or consulate abroad, and receive the Alien Permanent
Residence Permits from the public security organ which handles
their applications within 30 days of entering China.
- Residence Limitations
According to relevant provisions, there is no limitation on
the period of stay of aliens with permanent resident status
in China, and they need not obtain visas and can enter and leave
the country with their valid passport and Alien Permanent Residence
Permits. For aliens with Alien Permanent Residence Permits of
China, the Alien Permanent Residence Permit is their legal identity
document during their stay in China and can be used alone.
- Length of Validity
Alien Permanent Residence Permits are valid for five or ten
years. Certificates with five-year validity are granted to minors,
while certificates with ten-year validity are granted to adults.
In case of expiration, loss, damage or content change of the
certificates, the holders may apply for recertification. The
public security organ may reissue certificates to them after
confirmation that they have not lost permanent resident status,
without going through the examination and approval procedures
- Security Regulations
In order to safeguard national security and interests and maintain
the solemnity and authority of permanent resident status, the
Regulations on Examination and Approval of Permanent Residence
of Aliens in China stipulates that aliens with permanent resident
status in China will be deprived of such status in any of the
following four circumstances: endangering national security
and interests, being sentenced to expulsion from China by the
People's Court, those who have gained the permanent resident
status in China by fraud, and those whose periods of residence
in China do not reach the specified number of years. In any
of the above-mentioned circumstances, the Ministry of Public
Security will confiscate the Alien Permanent Residence Permit
or declare it invalid.
What we can do ? (
Updated date： 2004－12－06 )
We assist you (and your accomanying families) in getting the
Chinese "Green Card" in Beijing. Note specific regulations on
permanent residence permits may vary in different cities/provinces.
The following is based on Beijing local regulations, if you
live outside Beijing or apply for the "Green Card" in a city/province
other than Beijing, please consult your local Public Security
- Qualification of Application
- Takeing a post over deputy general manager or deputy factory
director, or owns the high-grade professional titles over deputy
professor or deputy researcher or enjoys the same treatment
as the aforesaid title or post in a new and high-tech enterprise
or an enterprise encouraged to be invested by foreign businessmen
or an advanced technical enterprise invested by foreign businessmen
or a product export enterprise invested by foreign businessmen.
- and has lived in Beijing for 3 years accumulated during the
past 4 years.
- and a good record of tax payment.
- Required Materials for Submission
1. A copy in person of valid foreign passport or a certificate
copy replacing the passport (with its original in hand);
2. 4 pieces of color photographs in the size of 2 inches in
the form of half of body and a front face without hat and with
a light blue background which was taken in recent days;
3. A proof of a record of “no guilty” issued by foreign countries;
4. A health certificate issued by Beijing Entry & Exit Inspection
and Quarantine Bureau or the health certificate signed and issued
by foreign health and medical institute (The health certificate
shall be issued within 6 months before the application.)
5. An original of “Certificate of Personal Tax Full-Payment”
for three years during 4 years before the date of application
which is issued by Beijing Tax Bureau (including personal income
tax, city estate tax, tax of using vehicles and vessels, stamp
tax, official fee for registering documents);
6. A certificate of post or professional title issued by the
unit where he or she works;
7. A copy of “Foreign Expert Certificate” or “Foreigner’s Employment
Certificate” (with its original in hand);
8. A copy of “Business License Duplicate” of A-level enterprise
which has passed the yearly examination by Industrial and Commercial
Bureau this year (with its original in hand);
9. A copy of “Capital Check Report” of this enterprise issued
by governmental audit department or relevant special institute
(with its original in hand);
10. A copy of “New and High-Tech Enterprise’s Authenticated
Certificate” issued by the Ministry of Scientific Technology
or Beijing Scientific and Technological Committee and provided
by the new and high-tech enterprise (with its original in hand);
11、 A copy of Authenticated Certificate of Domestic or Foreign
Capital Items for encouragement by the state of an enterprise
which is encouraged to be invested by foreign businessmen, issued
by the State Development and Reform Committee or Beijing Development
and Reform Committee and submitted by the enterprise which is
encouraged to be invested by foreign businessmen (with its original
12. A copy of Authenticated Certificate of Advanced Technical
Enterprise Invested by Foreign Businessmen which is submitted
by the advanced technical enterprise invested by foreign businessmen
(with its original in hand);
13. A copy of Authenticated Certificate of Product Export Enterprise
Invested by Foreign Businessmen which is submitted by the product
export enterprise invested by foreign businessmen (with its
original in hand);
14. If the work unit, post or professional title changed within
4 years before the date of application, related certificate
shall be issued by the unit where the subject belongs to;
15. Where the spouse applied at the same time, the copy of “Marriage
Certificate” (with its original in hand) shall be submitted;
16. Where the daughter or son who has not reached the age of
18 applies at the same time, the copy of “Birth Certificate”
or “Paternity Certificate” (with its original in hand) shall
17. Other necessary evidences
* All the evidences issued
by the foreign institutes shall be authenticated by Chinese
embassy and consulate in that foreign country.
* All the
materials in foreign languages shall be translated into Chinese.
* All the
copies shall be in the form of A4 and in duplicate.
For more information about permanent residence permit
please contact us at +0086-10-64632568 or send us an email.